Hi awakening yogis! I got a small quiz for you!
What was being formed first in your mother’s womb? | อวัยวะใดถูกสร้างก่อนในร่างกายเรา?
A. Brain (สมอง)
B. Heart (หัวใจ)
C. Lungs (ปอด)
D. Spine (กระดูกสันหลัง)
Of course! Your brain would say, it’s me, the brilliant brain! (So typically biased;)
แน่สิ! สมองที่อ่านและประมวลคำถามก็ต้องตอบเข้าข้างตัวเองว่า สมอง เกิดก่อน ๕๕๕
According to science discovery, it’s the HEART that gets formed first in the mother’s womb. Doesn’t that imply how important it is to our spiritual survival?
Anyways, this month, if you are in my awakening yoga classes (non-hot) in Phuket (@AbsoluteYouPhuket), the theme of focus is Heart Chakra (last month, solar plexus: rest & digest, see more about the last chakra HERE and overview of the Chakras lesson HERE). The classes are embodied with asana sequences that loosen the tight muscles around upper back and shoulder areas as well as some safe backbends. Come visit me and explore. With the help of pure, therapeutic grade essential oils from #DoterraPhuket i use in classes, i hope you will leave the class feeling blissfully lighter, elevated and more heart-opened and vibrant. This month is the blend called Respiratory Blend: ‘Breathe’, visit my facebook shop if you want to support this social business and my mission with Spidey Yoga to bring weekly yoga and movement to kids at an orphanage #SOSPhuket.
What is Heart Chakra?
Heart Chakra or ‘Anahata’ is the fourth primary chakra, according to Hindu Yogic tradition. In Sanskrit, anahata means “unhurt, unstruck, and unbeaten”. So once your heart chakra becomes healed, balanced, cleared and opened, your hidden resentment from past pain and burdens will be uplifted and you are set free.
Heart chakra is the 4th out of 7 chakras, so it’s considered to be the half-step chakra, the doorway of transitioning or spiritual growth from lower 3 chakras (survival) into higher chakras. Watch this VDOs and playlist i compiled for you, with wholehearted LOVE.
Basic Yoga Poses for the Heart Chakra
A yoga posture, called an asana, is a pose designed to benefit your physical, spiritual, and emotional health. Adapted from the Sanskrit word asanam, meaning a “comfortably seated posture,” the basic asanas for the heart chakra strengthen the circulatory and cardiovascular systems.
To open and balance your heart chakra, incorporate yoga poses that stretch, strengthen, and expand your shoulders and chest. Here are a few to get you started:
- Cobra (Bhujangasana) — Intended to broaden the chest area through breath, cobra is a great asana for opening the heart chakra. Not only does it promote spinal strength, but it also invigorates the circulatory system.
- Cow Face (Gomukhasana) — Like cobra, cow face pose strengthens the spine and stretches the arms, shoulders, and hips opening the chest and heart chakra.
- Eagle (Garudasana) — The arm and leg positions that make up eagle pose not only build strength and balance, but also open the fourth chakra.
- Camel (Ustrasana) — This backbend asana strengthens the lower back, thighs, and legs while opening and invigorating the heart chakra.
- Fish (Matsyasana) — A tremendous pose for improving spinal flexibility and strengthening the back, you might want to use a bolster for this one. When practiced correctly, fish pose expands the chest cavity to allow the Anahata chakra room to fully open.
- Cat (Marjaryasana) — Cat pose is a great way to release back tension that may be keeping your heart chakra from opening.
- Upward-facing Dog (Urdhva Mukha Svanasana) — As it strengthens the spine, upward-facing dog also stretches the lungs and chest to open the fourth chakra.
There are numerous benefits associated with chakra yoga focused on the heart: When the fourth chakra is open and balanced, it fosters forgiveness, balances and blends the spiritual and physical, and is home to unconditional love.
One more thing… Restoring the power of your chakras is about how you can take back control of your health and wellness by learning to work with energy.
This is life-changing material.
BONUS VDO | โบนัสวีดีโอฝึกสมาธิเปิด เยียวยา และพักหัวใจ
( ( ( Much LOVE ) ) )